Wimbish Primary Academy is situated within the heart of the Essex countryside with over 5 acres of land and forests which bring the opportunity to take the classroom, outside. These explorative sessions help the children to understand the important of nature, the environment, and the eco system.
Forest School Principles
- Is a long-term process of regular sessions, rather than a one off or infrequent visits, the cycle of planning, observation, adaptation and review links each session.
- Forest School takes place in a woodland or natural environment to support the development of a relationship between the learner and the natural world.
- The sessions use a range of learner-centred processes to create a community for being development and learning.
- Forest School aims to promote the holistic development of all those involved, fostering resilient, confident, independent, and creative learners.
- It offers learners the opportunity to take supported risks appropriate to the environment and to themselves.
- Forest School is run by qualified Forest School practitioners who continuously maintain and develop their professional practice.
Wimbish Primary Academy is proud to be awarded the Green Tree Schools Gold Award by The National Trust, highlighting our commitment to protecting the environment around us.